5.05.2005

LATABOM*

I sit, and I sit, and I sit at this grey desk surrounded by grey fabric covered grey cubicle walls with the sunlight blocked by grey plastic vertical blinds next to my grey HP2100 laserjet printer staring at this monitor housed in a grey shell sitting on top of a CPU in a grey case next to my grey cell phone. The memos tacked to the grey fabric covered cubicle walls are all stark white with black print. My phone is black with grey and white buttons, my rolodex is black and white, the Swingline stapler that doesn't bind up like the Boston staplers is black and silver. The tiny speakers on either side of my grey CPU that are blaring Paul Westerberg are black. Grey digibeta and Beta SP tape cases are stacked down at one end of the grey desk. My mouse pad and wrist wrest are grey. This over-complicated and seriously adjustable office chair that I sit in is black, and the carpet underneath is grey. Trashcan to the left is black. I wear a grey melange t-shirt, and my shoes are black. I don't live in stereo, I work in monochromatic desolation. Then I step outside, and color returns to my life.

*LATABOM = "Lions, and Tigers, and Bears, oh my!"


stop looking at me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come on Noog can't you see a hint of pretty blue in that Digi Beta?