1.07.2005

Every Bloody Bathroom Sink

As some of you are aware, I work in an office. As you may know, working in an office can get boring, and sometimes, all you really can do is fuck with management. Because it's fun.

First, you need to know this: We have three laserjet printers in the office. One of them is dedicated to one person's computer. The other two are for everyone to use. Second, you need to know this: I have a boss who is no longer my boss. For three years, he was the Operations Manager, but there were some things shifted around a little while ago, and now he is still a supervisor of some sort (no one really knows what it is he supervises), and on occasion he forgets that he is no longer my boss.

One of the two main printers is right next to my computer. It's there because when they put the new cubicle walls into the office, and re-wired the room with new cat-4 cable, they forgot to bring a cable for this particular printer, so we had to make one using some spare connectors and a short piece of cable. No matter what, the cable is so short that the only two places for the printer are on either side of my computer. It has now been several months, and they still haven't gone out and bought a longer cable so that the printer can be a few feet away from me instead of practically on top of me.

This is how I cope. The boss who's no longer my boss prints out every single email he gets because he isn't capable of just saving them to appropriately titled folders in his Outlook inbox. He is in fact an idiot. He prints out these emails, and then they sit on this printer for hours, sometimes days at a time. Starting earlier this week, I've been throwing out every other page that he prints out. If I throw out all of the pages, he'll get the IT guy involved, who will find that there's nothing wrong with the computer or the printer or the network connection and knows me, and will quickly figure out what's going on. If I only throw out one a day, it won't be noticeable enough. So, I throw out every other page. It's more fun this way. And he keeps re-printing the pages I throw out, and then I throw out every other one of those, so he has to keep re-printing different pages. I love it. Being an asshole is fun.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Noog, I'm so proud of you. Priceless.