1.07.2005

Candy Says

Sometimes I wish I could have releveant dreams. Or, at least, dreams that seem to mean something. Some people have completely discredited Freud's dream analysis as complete bullshit. Maybe it is, I don't know, but the dreams I have don't fit into any kind of pattern.

People have been telling me lately that they've seen the dead in their dreams. I don't. The only dreams I actually remember (mostly) are lucid dreams, which I suppose is typical. The deep sleep REM dreams are the ones that I tend to mistake for reality, and it's always about something far back in the past. Like when I was ten or eleven and I asked my mom about a dog we used to have when I was really little. I described it in perfect detail, and she had no idea what I was talking about. It was only a dream.

There actually are a few patterns in my lucid dreams. Often, I'll dream that I'm walking down a hallway, usually towards an elevator, and I'm walking funny because I have super-springy feet. Or shoes, or something, I don't know. Another pattern is language. A couple years ago, I started having dreams in Windows. As in Microsoft Windows. All the places that I wanted to go to were minimized on the task bar, and I would hit alt+tab to scroll through the destinations on the task bar. I'd open windows and hit alt+spacebar+x to maximize the window, and then alt+spacebar+n to minimize it back to the taskbar. Is that weird? It got weirder after I started getting more involved with formatting HTML and CSS script. I started making things bold and hyperlinked in my dreams using greater-than and less-than symbols to enclose the tags. But everything was in black or white because those are the only two hexadecimal codes that I know by heart. No grayscale, no color, just high contrast FFFFFF and 000000. But, the setting of these dreams wasn't a computer monitor, it's like I was walking around with a taskbar at the bottom of my line of sight, and just keeping my arms at my sides like normal, but moving my fingers as if each hand was on one-half of a keyboard.

Maybe I need to get away from computers for awhile.


No comments: