2.14.2004

Counterpoint: Ladies, Ladies, Ladies!

So, I was at the Suicide Girls show as well last night, and I do feel a bit slighted. Perhaps its because I felt like I shouldn't have to wade through the creepy burnout types and the skinheads to get up close to actually see something. Maybe its because it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. Maybe I don't know what I thought it was going to be. To be fair, it was a real burlesque show, Suicide Girls style. I am short, 5'6", and that doesn't help. If any of you have ever been to a strip-club, you may have noticed that the rooms are usually set up so that everyone can see what's going on onstage. I expected the Magic Stick or the stage to be utilized in some way where everyone could get a taste of what's going on. Alas, it wasn't. And, the stage is only about 18 inches off the floor, which works fine when you have a band onstage, because with a band, it's not just about the visual aspect, its aural as well. As Dick just commented to me, this show was all about the boobs. I guess. I don't know, I couldn't really see anything. Dick mentioned that maybe he enjoyed it so much because he hasn't gotten any "action" in so long. I think that was the case with many of us, we wanted masturbation fodder for weeks to come. Earlier in the evening, a few of the girls (I have no idea which ones are which) were bowling in the bowling alley downstairs. I happened to be standing at the bowling counter waiting for my friends. One of the girls put on such a "don't you know who I am" vibe to the bowling guy, then got pissed when he made a joke about her shoe size. I think her attitude then was more of a turn on than the whole show upstairs.

No comments: