2.14.2004

Le Whiskey Vous rend Fort

Other than the Suicide Girls thing last night, Friday was pretty good in Midtown Detroit. Lots of friends, lots of weirdos, lots of dead cells in my lungs (and brain, too, probably). Anyhow, Friday was good, the Majestic was packed. It was an odd crowd, too, although it's been an odd crowd in there every Friday and Saturday for about two years now. A lot of old regulars came out of the woodwork for the burlesque show. I was really surprised at all the people who showed up for that. I'm not surprised that the show sold out, I knew that was going to happen, sex sells, I was surprised at who did show up, and how many who were pissed that they couldn't get in. I was also surprised at how many people didn't succeed but tried to sneak into the show after it sold out. Sorry Brianna, I tried. Sorry I ashed in your beer by accident, too. I know I replaced it, but I'll get you another one, too. I was just being drunk and stupid (as usual). Everyone should come see me celebrate Valentine's Day tonight where I'll (most likely be getting drunk and stupid) and playing music at the Garden Bowl (9pm-2am). I command it!

FOOTNOTE (the day after): I never did get drunk that night...stupid, maybe, I've been known to do stupid and foolish things, but drunk, no.

"I've had the blues, The reds and the pinks, One thing for sure, Love stinks, Love stinks yeah yeah"

No comments: