6.01.2005

The Party's Crashing Us

This past Sunday afternoon, I slept all day. Saturday wasn't particularly eventful until the evening. Lots of emotional stress while DJing, then I ended up staying late at the bar drinking after hours. Then I hung out in my car with a friend and a drink talking about all of this shit. By the time we were heading home, the sun was already coming up. I miss that. Not being out all night getting wasted, but being out all night and being able to see the sun come up. Anyhoo, this means that I went to bed around 7am. Usually I'd be worried about fucking with my sleep schedule because I work 9 to 5 during the week, but I had Monday off, so it was all good.

Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is the sleep that day. I had some really intense emotions, a shot of Jameson, a red bomb that I didn't really want but was bought for me, several PBRs, about half of some random vodka drink, and greasy food from a 24 hour coney island all influencing me in that sleep-state. Fucked up dreams. That's what it means. I only remember one, and I meant to type it out as soon as I got up, but I was too distracted by hunger. Then I lost it. I still remember some of it, but I've lost some of the specifics.

I remember that written or typed words were blobs. Okay, in Photoshop, there's this tool in the 'layer properties' menu. It's called 'stroke'. Basically, what it will do is apply an outline of any color you want around all of the objects in the layer. Its most commonly used for text to make it jump off the page. If you make the color of the stroke the same color as the text, it makes the text unreadable. Its just blobs of color in vague word-shapes. This is the way all written or typed text looked in my dream. There were colors assigned to the blobs which denoted emotions, but the only way to truly know what was being communicated was to actually hear it. You had to hear enunciation; you needed to actually see the face of the person who is speaking.

Its most likely that this was a lucid-dream, because I never remember dreams during REM sleep. I've read some dream interpretation stuff from Freud and Carl Jung, but most of it makes no sense to me as to what certain things are symbolic of. I think this is just me being tired of being misunderstood through email. Sarcasm doesn't seep through as easily as I would like it to in an email or text message or instant message. Know what I mean?

I can italicize and bold words or parts of words all I want, but I still end up misinterpreted. Sometimes it feels like these words don't mean anything unless I hear them or speak them.


stop looking at me!

No comments: