5.09.2005

Ennio Morricone vs Clint Eastwood

THE GOOD

  • The pizza and the patio at Como's in Ferndale on a sunny afternoon. The quality of the service will be addressed below.
  • No hangover after Thursday night Weezer. Is it possible that shots of Crown Royal that come out of a 'gun' at a bar can be less debilitating than straight from a bottle? By the way, thanks to DP for the tickets at will call and the drink tickets. You made our night.
  • The Belmont in Hamtramck on Fridays. No idea who was playing, but those dollar cans of PBR along with good friends are a serious combination at the end of the night.
  • Every album from Uncle Tupelo, Wilco, Paul Westerberg solo, the Replacements, and Golden Smog. I've been on a bender lately.
  • Sarah comin' back to the D for the weekend.
  • Shannon, my little 'sister' comin' back to the D for the weekend.
  • Tootispea. No I'm not explaining, because even I don't know what it means, but I do know who it means.

THE BAD

  • The service at Como's in Ferndale. If she had told us it was her first day, we probably would not have gotten all worked up about it taking twenty minutes to get our second round and another twenty minutes to order food AND the food being wrong when we got it. None of the servers looked happy there. I can see why, it looks like the place was understaffed. Either way, our pepperoni and garlic deep dish was free because of it, so it all works out.
  • Weezer live at the State Theater in Detroit this past Thursday. What the fuck? First of all, they really weren't all that into it. I believe the term is 'phoning it in'. Lame. They opened with "Tired of Sex" from Pinkerton, this was a good start. But then they proceeded to play mostly just the big hits. I don't think I heard anything from Maladroit, just "Tired of Sex", "The Good Life" (my favorite Pinkerton song), and "Getchoo" (the weakest Pinkerton song) from Pinkerton, "Hash Pipe" from the 'green' album, the four most mediocre songs from the newest album (?), and almost the entire 'blue' album. The stuff from the blue album was appreciated, but they have so much more. None of the rarities or b-sides, or anything really different. Lame.
  • Feeling lost at a cemetery because you really can't find who you're looking for.

THE UGLY

  • Confronting a bad waitress. I hate it, but its a necessary evil sometimes. I just hope she didn't have to pay for that pizza.
  • Figuring out where to walk when wandering around in a cemetery because you're not sure what you're looking for and the only way to get around means walking 'over' people. Very discomforting.
  • The aforementioned cans of dollar PBR combining with a shot of Crown, a shot of Seagram's 7, a shot of Jameson, a Thai dinner that I can't remember or pronounce the name of, Tsing Tao, Saturday morning sun filling my bedroom, and that damned woodpecker outside my window all forming a conspiracy to give me a raging headache on Saturday morning and make me goofy for hours. I couldn't even talk in complete sentences.
  • Jim Anders, the bassist from Detroit's Novadriver and Grinder passed away this weekend. He will be missed.



stop looking at me!

No comments: