5.05.2004

Hamburger Lady

I started this blog back in December because I felt that I needed some sort of literary outlet. I felt that my voice had to be heard. I quickly found that I couldn't get too personal because the other involved parties would not be happy. I found that writing on demand does not come easy for me. Now, I've found that people go to this site daily looking for something new, and it isn't always there. Sorry. When I started this blog, I was drinking a lot more often than I do now. I was a bit goofier. I also had a lot of drama in my life which sparked a lot of things in me, and made me want to write more. Most of that drama is gone, and the wine doesn't flow so freely. Sorry. For today, I can tell you this: Apples in Stereo suck live. Okay, they don't suck, they just don't live up to their studio sound. I can tell you that you should spend your Cinco de Mayo at the Magic Stick watchin' the Oxes tear it up. I can tell you that in the end, it's so hard to know who to trust with your emotions, and sometimes it's worth the risk, but in the end you might regret it. I can tell you that it doesn't matter what your major is in college, you'll end up doing something unrelated anyway, unless you're lucky in today's job market. You could major in Art History, but you'll probably end up working in marketing. You could major in Fine Arts, but you'll end up drivin' a tow truck. I can tell you that the band Throbbing Gristle put out a record back in 1979 called "20 Jazz-Funk Greats." It didn't have 20 songs on it, and it certainly wasn't jazz-funk. But it had a song on it called "The Hamburger Lady." Enjoy.

Hot on the heels of love in the six six sixties

No comments: