4.28.2004

I'm Not Even 30 Yet!

God, have I felt old in the past two days. There was a time when seeing a punk show was a regular thing for me. At least one a week. I admit, I still see my share of those shows, but not the big names. Last night, as you may have read below, I saw Against Me! at Alvin's in Detroit. They're a fairly young band, taking their roots from slightly older bands like Hot Water Music. Tonight's show was Avail and the Bouncing Souls. Two nights, three punk bands, and two good shows. Avail, as always was good and enthusiastic. However, as long as I've been a Bouncing Souls fan (10 years, maybe), I've never seen 'em live until tonight. If I were to close my eyes, it would be good. Alas, it wasn't all that energetic. The singer looked bored. Apparently, he's been that way ever since he hurt himself a few years back. I don't know, it was a little disappointing. I think it is interesting, though, to point out that both Avail and the Bouncing Souls chose to spend their night off last night seeing Against Me!. When I first walked in that show last night, I realized that myself, the guys from Avail and BS (who got there right after me) were probably the oldest people in the place. Unfortunately, when the Bouncing Souls were leaving Alvin's, they got mugged. It wouldn't be Detroit if they got away scot free, now would it?

freaks, nerds, & romantics

No comments: