2.10.2004

RE: Deep Conditioning

Yes, Janna, I am accepting citizenship. As I said below, we can build a neue stadt, we can build the Hacienda (Raoul Vaneigem "Revolution of Everyday Life"). And 'play' will no longer be quarantined by the puritans of government or religion. Everyone go read "Revolution of Everyday Life," it's a post-Dada masterpiece. Well, I guess that makes it a Situationist masterpiece if you want to get technical. It will make you want to tell your boss to fuck off, quit your job, and campaign the world for a better way of life. I think about it every day.

So, I hung with the ladies last night. Most interesting discussion/argument of the night: post-1980 Rolling Stones albums versus post-1980 Aerosmith power ballads. For the record, I agree with Laura, Stones albums after "Emotional Rescue" pretty much suck. However, I feel the same way about Aerosmith. Once they got off the drugs, their albums started to seriously blow. Actually, "Rocks" which came out when I was four months old in May of 1976 was probably their last good album.

No comments: