10.15.2006

He Said/She Said


I know. It's been awhile since you've seen anything new in this space. The past two weeks have been spent transitioning from a job I held for five years to a brand new one. So finally I'm starting to get a handle on things. Finally there's something new to read on rocknrollscientist!

Last week I suddenly had the opportunity to get on the guest list for a show, but I couldn't make it. First week at the new job, I didn't want to be out too late. So I checked out the band's music and liked it. Now I want you to hear it.

From All Music:
"The Dallas band came together in 2004 with the plan of creating a solid rock sound that refrained from any kind of current chart trend or blogger buzz. With a year of honing their style behind them, the Hourly Radio self-released the Lure of the Underground EP in January 2005. Growing popularity in and around their hometown eventually led to a stellar performance at 2005's SXSW conference as well as additional tours opening for Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and stellastarr*. A deal with indie imprint Kirtland was inked by winter, and a limited-edition double A-side single "Crime Does Pay" was made available via iTunes in June 2006. The Hourly Radio's debut album, History Will Never Hold Me, was slated for September."

Their sound is refreshing...guitars with a U2 influence, basslines reminiscent of Franz Ferdinand, and high-pitched falsetto vocals. Yes, I know, it's been done. Overdone, in fact. We've seen way too damned many of these bands in the past few years. But, if you're into this sort of thing, you should check out a couple tracks and decide for yourself.


Crime Does Pay
Not A Victim

And then you can check out their website here: The Hourly Radio.

plug in, turn on, tune in

No comments: