8.18.2006

Get Yr Blood Sucked Out

Portland's Viva Voce is not your typical male/female drummer/guitarist band. In fact, those bands are anything BUT typical, and Viva Voce manage to rock out like a full-on '70s arena rock act. Anita Robinson's rock goddess guitar excursions and Kevin Robinson's thunderous drumming combine into a melange of fuzzed-out psych, infectious melody, and handclap breakdowns. Sound good? Yeah, I thought so. Click the link to check out their track "When Planets Collide." Then click the pic below to check out their site:


click to check out Viva Voce's site

On tour with Viva Voce is Silversun Pickups, who hail from Los Angeles. I do like what I've heard from VV, but I think I'm liking SSPU more. They're like...if Secret Machines were less Pink Floyd and more Monster Magnet, if that makes any sense. Check out this track: "Well Thought Out Twinkles." Then click the pic below to check out their site. I highly suggest going to the MP3 player to check out some songs. This is one to watch out for, I think.


click to check out the Silversun Pickups site

Unfortunately for all of us in Michigan, this tour isn't coming here. Let's hope the current tour does well enough for them to loop back around and cover the cities they missed.


plug in, turn on, tune in

No comments: