6.09.2006

New Attributes

A year ago at this time, we were in the midst of a glut of (sometimes over) hyped newer British bands. Bloc Party, The Libertines, The Others, Arctic Monkeys, and the Futureheads. The latter seemed to get overlooked in the marketing orgasm that the others seemed to enjoy.


I don't claim to know why they didn't get the attention they deserved. Although, I can say that once upon a time, I put on some headphones in a Borders to check out their first album. I didn't like what I heard. It sounded generic and lacking in substance. But I thought the same of the first Interpol, and now I have everything from them. So what do I know?

This is what I know, the Futureheads have a new album comin' out June 13th. It's called "News and Attributes" and the first single is a killer. You can check out "Skip To the End" by clicking here. Its a blast of early Elvis Costello meets Billy Bragg meets everything good about British pop music in the '80s.

Click the pic to check out the Futureheads website.


click to check out the Futureheads website

The Futureheads are on tour soon and will be in Detroit at the Magic Stick on July 27th with Tapes 'n' Tapes.

plug in, turn on, tune in

No comments: