4.06.2006

Paper Lickers

Some people refer to themselves as Anglophiles...they are fascinated by all things British. I get it. Following that logic, I'm a Scandophile - I'm fascinated by all things Scandinavian. Mainly it's the music that gets to me, although they do have some badass tendencies toward modern furniture design and social politics.

So, I was recently turned on to a Swedish band that I've never heard of before. As usual, they're good. It's kind of like all the crazy ballz out rockin' stuff (and avant-weirdo) that was coming out of Japan in the '90s. They've taken a distinctly American music style (in this case it's Indie Pop, whatever that is), and synthesized it into something wonderful.

The band is called Envelopes, and you can click on their name back there to check out their site. Their new album titled "Demon" just came out this week in these here Les Etats-Unis. You can go to Big Stereo to download their new singles "Sister In Love" and "Isabel & Leonard." Then, after that, you can go to Music Is Not Dead to download a remix made by Clor of "Sister In Love." If you go to the band site (previously noted), you can watch some videos and check out tour dates and all that.

If you're interested in obtaining a copy of the album, a 7", and buttons, you can win them here! All you have to do is email me and I'll randomly choose who to give it to. Note that by entering this contest, I'll be submitting your email to ADDvice marketing (aka Vice Magazine). If you still want to enter, but don't want your email submitted, that's cool, just let me know. Enter the contest either by leaving a comment or by emailing the email address you see over there on the upper right.

Solid.

plug in, turn on, tune in

1 comment:

Bobby. said...

I....would like it! :D