1.26.2006

Smart Went Crazy

I finally did it. I went and bought me one of them fancy Macs. A 15" PowerBook, to be exact. It's an investment for the graphics stuff. But it is neat. Lots of bells and whistles, but not the kind that feel cheap, the kind that feel necessary.

But has life become too convenient? My experience in buying the PowerBook was ridiculous. I know that Apple has become such a giant in computing because of (a) excellent industrial design, and (b) ease of use. I admit it, I like the design - a lot. The ease of use thing bothers me, though. Even though I use a PC at work, I worry that my non-Mac skills will get soft.

When I went into the Mac store at Somerset Mall (shudder), I went straight to the first floor person I saw and told them what I wanted. I confused the shit outta that girl. "So...do you want to hear about any deals we have right now? Are you sure that's what you want, do you want to discuss your needs?" Listen, honey, I'm not an idiot. I know why I'm buying the damned thing, I know what I need it for, and I've heard the deals - not interested. "But...are you familar with .Mac? It will help guide you through how to use a Mac and you'll get an email account, and, and, and..." No. No, thank you. "Oh, well, I guess you can just go to the back counter and tell them what you want." Right.

Now I just have to wait until I get ahold of CS2, so I can really get to work...


plug in, turn on, tune in

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fag