10.06.2005

Thoracic Cavities In My Teeth

Yesterday morning I was driving to work, and as I was heading westbound on west 8 Mile, I passed over the Southfield Freeway overpass. For the first time in the 2, 080-something times that I've passed this intersection I've never noticed it. The streetlights are all the same kind, and a there's a ton of them because of all the weird on and off ramps right in that area. The light poles are all crooked and wonky looking. I don't think any of those things are straight. Because there's so many of them in an area that looks empty when looking across it, and they're all at different angles, it's almost like looking across the surface of one of those cactii with really thick and long pickers on it. What are those things called, anyway? Or it could've been like a bunch of grey walking sticks all stood up vertically. You know, those insects that camouflage themselves by looking like twigs. Either way, it looked friggin' odd. Detroit continues to intrigue me.


plug in, turn on, tune in

No comments: