9.08.2005

December's Children

"You don't post often enough"

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. I've been busy with the self-education of J. Richards. It's a lengthy process. Currently, it involves Adobe CS.

I've been so busy that I almost lost sight of this week's anniversary: it was nine months ago today when Tim and Shwaac passed away.

I had gone to the Magic Stick on that Tuesday night (the seventh) to see the Eagles of Death Metal. Mike and I tried to talk Tim into going, but he was adamant about DJing at the Painted Lady that night. He felt a responsibility to try and get people in there any way that he could.

That morning, I ran down the stairs to go to work because I was late as usual. Tim and Shwaac were both passed out in the living room. White Castle boxes were all over the coffee table, the Ghostbusters DVD was playing on the TV. Wednesday morning, I didn't think anything of it when they weren't there passed out. Tim was good at disappearing for days at a time. Nothing seemed unusual.

Nine months. It sounds like such a long amount of time. Almost a year. Does it feel like a year? No, it feels like last month.

It's so difficult to deal with the images on the TV for the past two weeks. I'm so much more emotional since December.

Tim and Shwaac, you're missed.


plug in, turn on, tune in

No comments: