4.08.2005

The True Adventures of I, Fuzzbot

I'm feeling it today. Not sure what 'it' is, but it feels right. It's been a good week. I had Monday off for jury duty. They let me go at 10:30am. That was easy. Didn't go back to work, just fucked around the rest of the day. I need that sometimes. Workin' 9 to 5 can really get to you. Tuesday, an innocent visit to the bar for a pint or two turned into me going to a show at St. Andrew's, getting faced, then going to the State Bar and getting more faced. Hung out with some people I don't see often enough. Got to see Jimmy behind the bar instead of on top of it. Wednesday, I DJed to a good crowd. Thursday, I had some good personal epiphanies and went to dinner with Amy. Today I have a half-day and I think I'm going to buy some music. Maybe I'll wash my car. Okay, maybe I'll just pay someone else to do that.

Tonight is the Thunderbirds Are Now! record release show at the Magic Stick. Holy Fire, Rescue, and The Recital are also playing. Everyone should be going to this show. After that, everyone should get their asses over to the Painted Lady for the Human Eye record release show. Not sure who's opening, and I'm sure they're good, but you really should try to make it out to one of the two shows. Saturday night, I DJ at the Garden Bowl in beautiful midtown Detroit. The patio is up, the sun is out, the rock won't stop. Where will you be? Sunday, Ash is playing the Magic Stick with the Bravery. Don't care for the latter, but the former will rock you. Do it. Burn it all down.


stop looking at me!

No comments: