4.14.2005

Throwaway Style

Something just occurred to me. I had a good discussion last night about death and religion and all that, and then it was on my mind again just now. Personally, I believe in reincarnation. However, I don't believe in it for the same reasons as the religions who are all up in it. The Eastern religions like Buddhism, Hindu (and all its varieties), and Krsna all believe that you are reincarnated many, many times (thousands usually) in an effort to achieve supreme enlightenment. When you reach this final full realization of your relationship with your maker, you attain Nirvana, or Paradise, or Heaven, or whatever your particular brand of religion chooses to name it. So, anyway. I don't agree with that part. I don't think that our goal is to reach a final and complete understanding of our relationship with the supreme almighty whatshisname. I guess I see it on a more personal and selfish level.

Look at it this way, what if our maker is our Earth? I don't know shit about pagan or Wiccan religions, so don't go thinking that's where this is headed. Take it from an Evolutionist standpoint. If everything evolved in the way it did so that we can be here today, wouldn't that make nature our creator? So, if you're reincarnated over and over again, you become closer to earth. Maybe you become more acquainted with all of the mistakes we've made as industrialized and greedy humans. Think about it, 300 years ago in 1705, no one was thinking about taking care of the planet. They weren't evolved enough. Does evolution include reincarnation? Do we have to learn from our mistakes and keep coming back again and again to learn from them?

Also, I was thinking, if we keep coming back, do we keep coming back to certain people for certain reasons? Haven't I met you before somewhere? I know we've talked before. I swear.

(with apologies to The Only Girl Alive for that last line, even though I think it's funny, it just makes me a mean boy, right?)


stop looking at me!

No comments: