11.05.2004

Fear and Loathing in America, Land of the Not-So-Free

I know it's been a few days. No apology will be given. I've been in a state of creative catatonia since early Wednesday morning when I read that Kerry will be conceding and they won't be bothering with waiting for the provisional/absentee ballots to be counted. Depressing. But life goes on. I've been spending more time paying attention to what others have to say about all of this, because I just don't know how to react. I've been especially liking the coverage on Wonkette. The editor, Ana Marie Cox, and Jon Stewart (The Daily Show), and comedians like David Cross will certainly have enough material for the next four years. Enough material to keep us laughing when we stop getting paid for overtime, and enough to keep us laughing when we realize that the war on terrorism is as ridiculous as a war on time or life or kittens or anything else so broad and vague. I'll be laughing at their jokes when I can no longer afford to put gas in my car when it goes up to $10 per gallon (which of course, will happen after Bush invades the rest of the Middle East, and declares it his new kingdom). I'm sure I'll be laughing when the Bush daughters start embarrassing daddy on a much grander scale than in the past. In the meantime, here's something fun. Note how Barbara (on the right) seems to be particularly 'happy' to be there watching daddy speak after finding out that he won...


(Reuters)


No comments: