10.27.2004

Bastards of Young

Tonight, like every Wednesday night for the past month, I have forgone seeing a few rock 'n' roll shows I really wanted to see: the Whiskey Diaries with Dillinger 4 and the Briefs, Mike Watt, Against Me!, and the Blood Brothers. I really wanted to see these shows, but I made a sacrifice. Why? Because I love to DJ. I love to play music for people. I've been doing it for over 10 years. I've sacrificed seeing so many shows, house parties, and many other events that I wanted to be at so badly, but I had to DJ. Sometimes it's about the money, but so often it's really about the actual act itself. Tonight, I continue with my years and years of music accumulation...tonight, I DJ at the Painted Lady in Hamtramck at 2930 Jacob (almost at the corner of Jacob and Joseph Campau). I start at 10pm, end at 2am. I'll be showing some unusual films on the DVD player. This gig is exclusively punk/rock/roll and all the variants. Call the Painted Lady at 313 874 2991 after 4pm EST for more info. Or email me. Either/or.


No comments: