8.01.2004

Everything Sux Today*

I know, you're probably sick of every other post on here being an apology from me about not posting enough. Well ya know what? Suck it! It's summer, I just quit smoking, I've been busy, I got shit to do, and I just haven't had much time. Here's something, though. It might become a regular feature. I'm reviewing local 24 hour restaurants.

Last night, my accomplice and I found ourselves hungry at 2am. We were in Ferndale, and weren't sure where to go. We wanted to avoid any place that would be too busy, but we didn't want to go too far away, either. So, first place we tried was Berkley Coney in Berkley. It's a shithole, don't bother. After about ten minutes (in which time we spotted a grasshopper on the table, and noticed that our menus had spooge all over them), we realized that it must be a 'self-serve' coney island (even though it really wasn't), and decided to get the hell out. Our window was open, and we jumped through. Next stop, the Del Mar in Royal Oak. This was much better. From the outside, it looked like it would be just as bad as the previous shit hole, but it was actually very clean, the staff was very attentive. This is the kind of place where the waitresses are like ninjas when pouring the coffee...you blink, and your cup is full. The food was good, too. Not spectacular, but hey what do you expect out of a 24 hour diner in the suburbs of Detroit?


1 comment:

Jeffery said...

I'm sorry, I don't understand the comment. Please explain.