5.12.2004

Send Me Your Money

I recently received this email in my Yahoo! account. The link (omitted) does go to a site that looks like it's a Citibank site, but I think it's a mirror of some sort. Either way, this person is attempting electronic fraud to obtain private account information from me. Funny, considering I'm not even a member of Citibank. Anyway, here it is. Do not send them any information if you get this message in your email. I think more than anything it's funny due to all of the spelling and grammar errors. Who would really believe this is from a bank?


DEAR CITI_bank Member_,

_This e-mail was sent_ by the_ Citibank _server to veerify your_ Email adress_.
You must complete this process by clicking on the link bellow and enteering
in the smmall _window your Citibank _ATM_ card number and _PIN that
you use_ in the local Atm machine. That_is done for your protection -K- becouse some of our
membres no longer_ have access to their E-mail _address_es and we must verify it.


What kind of idiot expects people to fall for this?


My money saved the prince of Nigeria

No comments: