2.01.2004

Le Vin Rouge Vous Rend Fort

I wish you coulda been a fly on the wall when I was 10 years old. Crying over my homework. I woulda slit my wrists if it wasn't for rocknroll. I wish my first and fifth grade teachers were still alive. I wish I could find them , grab 'em by the shoulders and shake them because they told me I would never amount to anything. I was almost held back in fifth grade because I just didn't care. Didn't give a fuck about anything. My reading comprehension was a few grades ahead of my classmates, but you quickly learn that just because you're smarter than your classmates, you still have to pay attention in class and be there mentally. Telling a 10 year old that they're never going to amount to anything is just so wrong, I mean really, that's not only bad ethically as an educator, but also as a role model. Role model, my ass. That woman was out of her fucking mind. I don't need to have a great job, I don't need to make a lot of money, I don't need to be 'happily' married (yet hate my partner) with 2.5 rugrats and a dog, I don't need to have a false sense of emotional security, I don't need complete mediocrity, conformity, and alignment with the status quo or society to "amount to anything." I am who I am, and I'm pretty fucking happy about it. END SOBER RANT


No comments: