2.18.2004

City Girl

Thank you, Sofia Coppola (writer/director of Lost in Translation). Now I have My Bloody Valentine and old Jesus and Mary Chain semi-permanently stuck in all the CD players of my life. Music can be given so much new life when its used in a film. I own everything from My Bloody Valentine, and most JAMC, but I haven't listened to that stuff in a long time. I avoided it for awhile because it took me back to a time in my life that I don't want to think about. Now, I associate some of these songs with a good film (see review below). Its been maybe 10 years since I listened to this stuff regularly. Thank you, Mrs. Coppola.

CORRECTION: Sofia Coppola is no longer married to Spike Jonze, so that should read "Thank you, Ms. Coppola." I should note that this makes me happy because while I do like his films (Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, Jackass) and his videos (Beastie Boys, Weezer, a shit-ton more), I can't stand him.


No comments: