1.30.2004

We Are the Real Beast

There is a small collective of bands in Houston, TX that I have to tell you about. I'm not real sure how they refer to themselves as a whole, but I know they're all on Girlgang Records. The bands, NTX, Swarm of Angels, NTX+Electric, NTX/Erika Thrasher, Nikki Texas, A Pink Cloud, and the Wiggins all have something in common: warm, fuzzy noise. Grinding guitars and static bass and clashing sine waves and sex and death and beasts and Texas. I wish I could post an MP3 so you all could hear this. It's just so good. I don't want to compare them to anything (because I don't think I could), and I think I would ruin it for you anyway. You just have to hear for yourself. Go here for some Quicktime MP3s. It's very simple, go to the site, listen to the music, shoot 'em an email or send 'em a check, just get some. Evil has glamour and sex appeal, you can hear it - it's right in front of you. Why are you waiting? Do it now!

No comments: