1.25.2004

In the City

So, last night I went to the Detroit Brewing Co. downtown. The food (I had cheese tortellini with alfredo) was good, the beer was good, and if we hadn't been seated near the door (and the draft), I think it would've been a good overall experience. I recommend the Belgian Ale. High alcohol content (8.6, I believe), and ya just can't help wanting to support a good local micro-brewery. It's right next door to Small Plates downtown on Randolph. Having two fairly new restaurants that serve alcohol side by side in the downtown area almost makes you feel like you're in a real city, like Chicago or something. I do recommend Small Plates, as well. But, it's best if you're with at least one other person, and you intend on sharing everything. Small Plates features the tapas style of dining, which basically means you order a bunch of 'small plates' and everyone shares.

I don't know what's goin' on in the city tonight. If anyone out there does know, email me (see links).

No comments: