1.27.2004

I'm a Man Who Loves His Taffy. Mmmm...taffy.

On Sunday night I was having a hard time falling asleep. Soon it turned into full-blown insomnia. I watched an episode of Mr. Show until I started to fall asleep. Turn off the TV, roll over, can't sleep. I tried reading until my eyes were tired again, put the book down, roll over, can't sleep. Then, I got up, lifted weights until my arms hurt so bad I couldn't lift anything. STILL couldn't sleep. So, I finally gave in and just laid there. I let my thoughts take over. That's why I couldn't sleep in the first place. Sidenote: generally, I take in everything. I have an occasionally photographic memory. Unfortunately, I can't always remember everything right away. Some things just pop into my head a month later. It seems like my brain was backlogged and chose to spit all of these memories up front that night. Something made me decide to call an old friend. So, I called her on Monday, and I can't believe how good it feels to talk to someone whose voice takes you back to a different time in your life. If you're reading this, Lynn, I'm glad I called you. (Oh, and I still couldn't sleep that night - too many other thoughts kicking me from behind the eyeballs)

No comments: